FOR PEST CONTROL SERVICE OR FREE ESTIMATE
(425) 259-0904 or (360) 658-8811
Rodent infestations can cause considerable damage to infested buildings and local agriculture. With new construction projects in Everett, Marysville and Edmonds there usually results in an infestation of rats and mice. Since the new construction pushes these rodents to come out of hiding and seek shelter elswhere. Rodents are also known carriers of many diseases and prove a health hazard to humans. Rodent populations grow quickly and steadily. Rodent control is best begun prior to infestations. In order to protect your home, business, garden and health from existing rodent infestations, professional extermination methods are often necessary.
Unified efforts on the part of neighbors can prove extremely effective in preventing infestations. Within apartment buildings and neighborhoods, coordination of prevention measures may include cleaning efforts and the application of natural rodent repellents, such as peppermint oil. On an individual level, homes and local businesses can be rodent-proofed through identifying and sealing all possible entry points.
Rodent Control Facts
Rodents’ instincts make them difficult to control, and they present a serious menace to your home or business. If you’re in need of rodent control services, here’s what you should know about these pests:
- Rat Instincts: Rats are instinctively wary of rat control measures such as traps and bait, and colonize in attics, burrows, under concrete and porches, in wall voids and other hard to reach places in your home or business.
- Rat Diseases: Rats can harbor and transmit a number of serious diseases. They can also introduce disease-carrying parasites such as fleas, lice and ticks into your home or business.
Two Common Rats Found in Snohomish County:
- Norway Rats
- Roof Rats
- Mice Access: They invade your home and business seeking food, water and warmth. Without mouse control intervention, one pair of mice may produce 200 offspring in four months. Once the mice reproduce it is harder to exterminate them because of their fast reproductive system.
- Mice Contamination: Each mouse can contaminate much more food than it eats.
Two Common Mice Found In Snohomish County:
- White Footed Deer Mice
- Field Mice
Rodents are warm-blooded mammals that, like humans, can be found throughout the world. They have oversized front teeth for gnawing and check teeth, which are adapted for chewing. Rodents chew on anything available to them and cause great damage in and around homes by creating wholes in your walls and baseboards.
Rodents tend to be rapid breeders. Some species breed year-round. Although certain mice are known for short life spans due to predation, populations are maintained through constant reproduction. Because most rodents possess soft cartilage, they are capable of squeezing through spaces that appear to be much too small for them. All such holes should be stuffed with steel wool and sealed with spackle or cement to prevent entry and re-entry of rodents.
Rats and mice are both extremely destructive within agricultural communities. A number of species feed on seeds and grains. The feces and urine of some rodents may contaminate surfaces with which they come into contact.
If you feel you suffer from a rodent infestation and you live in or around Snohomish county, AAdvantage pest control has established programs to eliminate rodents from your home or business. We offer very affordable rodent control services and we guarantee we will protect your home or business from all rats and mice.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact one of our pest control experts in Everett, Marysville and Edmonds. We are always glad to lend a helping hand.
We Proudly Serve Snohomish County including:
Arlington | Bothell | Edmonds | Everett | Lake Stevens | Lynnwood | Marysville | Mill Creek | Mountlake Terrace | Snohomish | Stanwood